In 1911, Thomas “Nicolas” Rago and his brother came to Morristown, New Jersey from Southern Italy and opened the original Rago Brothers Shoe Repair Shop. They were among many immigrant families who made their homes and businesses here. It was a bustling neighborhood , brimming with activity day and night. At that time, Rago Brothers was one of two dozen shoe repair shops in Morristown. Throughout the years, other shops moved or closed, while Rago Brothers remained.
Thomas Sr. (“Tommy”) joined his father as a boy in the 1940’s, and kept the business strong. He brought on the third generation with his sons Thomas (Tom) and Anthony (Tony) – who joined him in the late seventies and early eighties. Together they carry on the family tradition of quality, service, hard work, and dedication to their customers.
Mon - Fri: 7:30am - 6:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am - 2:00pm